AD logins

azeem ahmad azeem81 at msn.com
Sat May 12 04:21:37 UTC 2007

>From: "Marcelo Magno T. Sales" <marcelo.sales at sefaz.pe.gov.br>
>To: For users of Fedora <fedora-list at redhat.com>
>Subject: Re: AD logins
>Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 10:44:21 -0300
>
>Em Sex 11 Mai 2007, azeem ahmad escreveu:
> > >From: "Marcelo Magno T. Sales" <marcelo.sales at sefaz.pe.gov.br>
> > >To: For users of Fedora <fedora-list at redhat.com>
> > >Subject: Re: AD logins
> > >Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 09:46:53 -0300

>logins

> > >with

> > >Yes, this is one possible solution.
> > >
> > >1. Verify in your /etc/hosts if there is localhost configuration for
>IPv4.
> > >I've found that in several of my FC6 installations, there was only IPv6
> > >localhost information here, despite I had disabled IPv6 during
> > >installation.
> > >If IPv4 localhost information is not present in /etc/hosts, you won't
>be
> > >able
> > >to authenticate against AD.
> > >
> > >2. Setup the ntpd service so that it keeps the time of your workstation
> > >synchronized with some domain controller of your AD domain. If time is
>not
> > >synchronized, you won't be able to authenticate against AD. Check this
> > >first
> > >if authentication fails after you finish the procedures listed here.
>The
> > >winbind service has to be (re)started after the time is synchronized.
> > >
> > >3. Run system-config-authentication and:
> > >
> > >3.1. check winbind, kerberos (optional, but recommended) and smb in the
> > >first
> > >two tabs.
> > >
> > >3.2. In winbind configuration, fill in the following:
> > >Winbind domain: the NetBIOS name of your AD domain (the short name), in
> > >capital letters.
> > >Security model: ads
> > >Winbind ADS Realm: the fully qualified domain name of your AD domain
>(in
> > >capital letters)
> > >Domain Controllers: the addresses or names (if your workstation can
> > > resolve them) of your nearest domain controllers, in a comma separated
> > > list. Template Shell: /usr/bin/bash
> > >
> > >3.3. In Kerberos configuration, fill in the following:
> > >Realm: the fully qualified domain
> > >KDCs: the addresses or names (if your workstation can resolve them) of
> > > your nearest domain controllers, in a comma separated list.
> > >Admin servers: leave blank or fill in the same as in KDCs, above.
> > >
> > >3.4. Check the checkbox "Use DNS to find the hosts for the realms"
> > >The other checkbox should be checked if you have your DCs all in the
>same
> > >site, or unchecked otherwise. Whatever you choose to do with this
> > > checkbox, this will not break your configuration, but it may slow down
> > > the
> > >authentication process.
> > >
> > >3.5. In the Options tab, check "Use shadows passwords", "Use MD5
> [...]
yes Mr. Marcelo. there was a file named system-auth instead
i made the same entry in that file and its working now

um greatful for all ur help
Regards
Azeem

Advertisement: 1000s of Sexy Singles online now at Lavalife - Click here
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D27782&_t=762255081&_r=lavalife_may07_1000sexysingles&_m=EXT