Adobe woes

Carlos Alberto Alves drcaa at predialnet.com.br
Sat May 12 14:42:22 UTC 2007

Claude Jones wrote:
> On Thu May 10 2007, Les wrote:
>>  Ladies and Gentlemen,
>> Â  Â  I downloaded the Adobe reader RPM and attempted to install it. Â Not
>> only does Reader not work, but it seems to have broken Evince. Â Moreover
>> I cannot see how to remove Adobe Reader.
>>
>> Â  Â  Any pointers anyone?
>
> This is one to google - I recall an issue with Adobe Reader that had to be
> resolved by a small edit in one of the scripts it installs.
>
> As regards Evince, no idea - both Reader and Evince are working on this FC6
> machine on which I'm typing

Same thing to me, except for Evince is still working. I solved this
situation with a clean install of Adobe Reader 7.0.1.
:|
* Carlos Alberto Alves                       *
* Child Neurologist                          *
* Systems Analyst/ASUS Certified Professional*
* Rio de Janeiro, Brazil                     *
* Skype: carlos-aa                           *
* mailto:drcaa at click21.com.br                *
* mailto:drcaa at predialnet.com.br             *