Sound Quality Problem

Guo Lin golvin at gmail.com
Sun May 13 09:05:10 UTC 2007

Hi, I am a very new user of Fedora Core 6. Since I started to use FC6, I
notice significant difference in sound quality as compared to Windows.
As far as I notice, the sound in FC6 turns noticably bad especially when
bass comes in the music.
I got to know there several sound drivers for FC6, so I tried on those that
I know, i.e. ALSA, OSS, ESD, ARTS. But I notice not much difference between
them.
I tried to look for the solution from the Internet, but unfortunately I am
too 'noob' to understand those, except for one, which is by turning PCM to
0.00 dB, which is 74. I did it, and the sound quality is better now.
However, whenever there is bass in the music, the sound quality is as bad as
it was.
Could anyone please tell me what should I do to improve the sound quality?
T.I.A. =)