amarok problem with xine

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Sun May 13 12:35:13 UTC 2007

Kelly wrote:

> On Friday, May 11, 2007 6:05 pm Timothy Murphy wrote:
>> It's strange that I looked at a dozen or so google references
>> to this problem, and never saw this package mentioned.
>
> Whenever you have problems with MP3 playback, it's always because of the
> lack of a nonfree package; MP3 support is part of the nonfree collection.

I realize that;
but are stricly legal (or legalistic) sites
not allowed to tell us where to find non-free RPMs?
Would that be breaking the law?

> This is why one of the first things I always do with a new Fedora system
> is to add the repo info for either RPMForge or Livna to the collection.

But how do you tell what non-free RPM to download?
As I mentioned, I tried one but it turned out to be the wrong choice.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366