How do I pair a bluetooth device graphically from the GNOME desktop?

Gilboa Davara gilboad at gmail.com
Sun May 13 17:48:55 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-05-13 at 21:09 +0530, Rogue wrote:
> Hi Gilboa,
> I have bluetooth-applet version 0.6 installed. I do not see a way to
> initiate a pairing between my bluetooth headset and the laptop. Are you
> talking about a feature in a newer version of the applet? If so, what is
> the version number and is it available in the testing repositories?
>
> thanks,
> Rogue

Rogue,

I don't remember how to initiate a bluetooth pairing from gnome-applet,
but in-order to do the reverse:
- Start the bluetooth-applet
- Right click on the bluetooth icon, select "Preferences".
- Switch to "visible and connectible".

Your handset should now be able to see, and pair with your computer.

- Gilboa