No Wireless Connection

John Dey jsdey at optonline.net
Mon May 14 21:12:04 UTC 2007

Hi,

I now have a ipw3945.ko driver set up.  The driver is being recognized
by system-config-network.  But when I try to make the wireless eth1
active I get an error:

Determining IP information for eth1...failed; no link present.  Check
cable?

iwconfig eth1 from command line produces

eth1      unassociated  ESSID:"linksys"  Nickname:"robo6.jsdey.com"
           Mode:Managed  Frequency=2.412 GHz  Access Point:
Not-Associated
           Bit Rate:0 kb/s   Tx-Power:16 dBm
           Retry limit:15   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
           Encryption key:off
           Power Management:off
           Link Quality:0  Signal level:0  Noise level:0

I do know that the linksys WAP and ipw3945 wireless device are working
since I installed opensuse 10.2 and wireless connected out of the box.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.  And thanks for getting me
this far.

John