Fedora Weekly News Issue 87

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon May 14 22:14:05 UTC 2007

Tim wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-05-15 at 02:13 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> One font is not a substitute for all these fonts. It is a set of fonts
>> that are substitute to another set of fonts.
>
> I know that.  Their sans-serif doesn't really substitute for all those
> sans-serif fonts, likewise for the serif and mono fonts.  Try it and see
> for yourself.

Right. Only those that are commonly used. The goal here is for example
opening up existing Word documents and not having the whole document
look messed up due to font differences.

> *Here* was where the reply-to was set.

Well that's because its a news letter where this is a small part.

I tend to think it's best to
> discuss things a bit before sending bugzilla reports.  The point I made
> wouldn't technically be a bug, other than re-writing the spiel about
> what it claims to do.

What I described was the goal. If a implementation lacks in anyway
(bugs, enhancements) you can reach for bugzilla.

Rahul