Intel Pro Wireless 3945

John Dey jsdey at optonline.net
Tue May 15 13:13:42 UTC 2007

Axel,

On May 15, 2007, at 4:01 AM, Axel Thimm wrote:

> On Mon, May 14, 2007 at 09:42:48PM -0400, John Dey wrote:
>> Axel,
>>
>> I installed using the yum install command given below.  The packages
>> installed without any errors.  I still don't have a wireless
>> connection.
>>
>>  iwlist scan shows the device eth1 and the mac of the wap on the
>> network.  Another host using fedora core 5 with a wireless adaptor
>> currently successfully connected to the WAP.  I ran lsmod | grep 3945
>> and get:
>>
>> ipw3945			195755		1
>> ieee80211		54132		ipw3945
>>
>> From the above can you or anyone, for that matter, tell me what I'm
>> missing.  If additional info needed, let me know and I will run.
>> Thanks.
>
> Have you started the regulatory daemon (ipw3945d)?

Yes ps -C ipw3945d shows with a time of zero.  I did yum install
ipw3945 and ipw3945-kmdl-`uname -r` as reported yesterday.  My system
boot ipw3945d at initialization.  I am somewhat confused about
ipw3945-firmware ( I can't find a yum version) or is it ipw3945-ucode.
I may not have the firmware installed?