On Bugzilla and spreading FOSS, was: Where Fedora Went Wrong...

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Fri May 18 16:47:26 UTC 2007

M. Fioretti wrote:
> On Fri, May 18, 2007 04:25:42 AM +0530, Rahul Sundaram
> (sundaram at fedoraproject.org) wrote:
>
>>> These instructions and their purpose are very clear to me, but for a
>>> real newbie they are absolutely obscure gibberish.
>> That's not the audience it was written for.  The newbie solution is
>> better client side apps which Will Woods, QA lead for Fedora is
>> working on.
>
> Sorry, you mean a better (newbie-wise) bug reporting client?
>
> Thanks
> 	Marco

I prefer to submit bugs.  As a technician, I know that information,
accurate and detailed can be a time saver.  A tool like the old Mozilla
bug tracer, a decent crash checker/tester would be a blessing for the
developers.  A program that automatically submitted bug info to bugzilla.

A tool that will work easily in a wrapper from the desktop that maybe
calls gdb and checks to see if the debugging package is installed with
the option to install the package.

My biggest frustration with submitting a bug is trying to figure out
some of the choices possible.  I feel sorry for someone, like my
mother-in-law that has a problem knowing the difference between Internet
Explorer and Firefox. :)

--
Due to the move to M$ Exchange Server,
    anything that is a priority, please phone.