amarok problem with .flac

oleksandr korneta atenrok at gmail.com
Sat May 19 04:35:39 UTC 2007

on 05/18/2007 09:28 AM Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On 18/05/07, oleksandr korneta wrote:
>> and what do I have to install in order to be able to play .flac files
>> with latest amarok? I periodically gain and loose this ability with
>> every update.
>
> Where is the bug report about that?
>
> FLAC is free and included with Fedora Core 6. Xine supports .flac
> files, and so does Amarok. But perhaps you meant to ask why *some*
> .flac files don't play? Compare with e.g.
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/237506 -- help looking into it.

No. I mean that in my case *none* of .flac files is playable by amarok.
However, this might be my case. "So it's the fact there is an ID3v2 tag
on the file that causes xine not to play it."
(https://bugzilla.redhat.com/237506#c7) Although, I do not have any
.flac files without id3v2 to test. How do I strip out the tag from the
.flac file?

Hm... And what would be the use of untagged files anyway?

--
regards,
Oleksandr Korneta

/The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from./