Elo TouchScreen Driver for FC6

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun May 20 13:47:40 UTC 2007

linuxmaillists at charter.net wrote:
>> I recently got a TouchScreen LCD Monitor and I'm having
>> trouble finding the right Driver.
>> I found several different Drivers for Linux but can't seem
>> to find the right one for my system.
>> I found Drivers for FC4/5 and thought I'd try them but
>> they didn't work since I'm running FC6.
>
>> The monitor is a no-name brand and it's hooked up to a COM
>> Port, not USB.
>> I installed XP on a partition just to check and make sure
>> the TouchScreen was actually working and had absolutely no
>> problems. I installed the Elo XP Drivers and the
>> TouchScreen worked instantly~
>
>> I'm glad to see that the TouchScreen is working but the
>> only problem is that I never use XP.
>> I would really appreciate it if someone could help me get
>> this working on Fedora Core 6!
>
>> Here are some links I found, but I've still got nothing:
>> http://www.elotouch.com/Support/Downloads/dnld.asp
>> http://www.elotouch.com/Support/Downloads/dnld_archive.asp
>> http://www.elotouch.com/Support/Downloads/dnld_company.asp
>> http://www.cartft.com/support/drivers/TFT/
>
>> Any suggestions?
>
> Did you get this resolved?

I'm a bit interested in this subject also. All I can offer is my
experience with the ELO and MS based installations. It is not 100% error
proof in that environment either. Plug-n-play caused a lot of problems
on that end. (Serial versions also)

For Linux, I found this link which might give you some clues. It looks
full of concepts which will at least enlighten you more one touchscreen
drivers and Linux operating systems.

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-playscreen/

Jim

--
Q: Why shouldn't I simply delete the stuff I never use, it's just taking
up space?