Windows -> Linux

linuxmaillists at charter.net linuxmaillists at charter.net
Sun May 20 18:56:04 UTC 2007

On Sunday 20 May 2007, Don Russell wrote:
> MS money is abot the only app I have left on a Windows
> machine that I could otherwise convert to Linux.
>
> I found a FAQ that asks about "equivalent Linux
> programs", and this list was given as replacements for MS
> Money:
>
> GnuCash, KMyMoney, jGnash, MoneyDance, Grisbi, PLCash,
> Crossover
>
> Obviously I've not used any of these... does anybody have
> a recommendation?
>
> Ideally, I'd like a web interface to it so I could
> access/update it from any PC in my home.
>
> Thanks

I use GnuCash. It is similer to Quicken or Quickbooks. It
just on depends how you configure or set up your accounts
in it. You can set up an account to be very simple or very
complex. That also determines the learning curve.

It is part of the Fedora distro.

GnuCash will import Quicken or msmoney.

--
If the word following begins with