add/remove software

Alastair Basden a.g.basden at durham.ac.uk
Mon May 21 09:21:37 UTC 2007

Hi,
I have an installation of FC6, and wish to use the add/remove software
(applications menu) to install more of the software that is on the DVD
ISO, on a computer without internet access.

I've changed my etc/yum.repos.d/ files to point to the DVD, which gets me
somewhere, but once I've chosen the packages to add, and click "apply", it
tells me that the files have an unrecognised type "media".

Any ideas how I can use the DVD and yum GUI interface to install the extra
software?

Cheers,
agb.