Minimalist Installs (was Checkbox for "Install Everything")

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon May 21 14:05:07 UTC 2007

On Mon, May 21, 2007 at 00:30:20 -0400,
  Eric <spamsink at scoot.netis.com> wrote:

> Transaction Check Error:
> file /usr/share/config/kdm conflicts between attempted installs of
> kde-settings-kdm-3.5-23.fc7 and kdebase-3.5.6-10.fc7
>
> Tried using "Add / Remove Programs" to install KDE and got pretty much the
> same thing.
>
> Amazingly enough I couldn't find anything about that in the bugzilla
> database, so I reported it as bug 240717.
>
> Have any of you run across that, and what did you do about it?

I was able to get them both installed with a rawhide from May 18. I have
a mirror of raw hide and just doing rpm -Fvh ran accross a couple of conflicts
where I had to use --force. There were also some dependencies that didn't
get installed in the initial install (which was an April 28 rawhide). I don't
know if they got fixed up later or not. I also had to do some extra mucking
around because there were too many files to do rpm -Fvh *.rpm and I needed
to pick chunks of files and hope I got all of the needed dependencies that
way. (And I had to handle stuff built for i686 specially as well.)