scons for fc5 question

Tom Poe tompoe at fngi.net
Tue May 22 03:02:04 UTC 2007

Tony Nelson wrote:
> At 1:46 PM -0500 5/21/07, Tom Poe wrote:
>
>> Tony Nelson wrote:

>>> Try:
>>>
>>>     yum search "*scons*"
>>>

>> Tony:  Thanks for the tip.  No luck.
>>

> Well, duh, of course.  If I had been paying attention:
>
>     yum search scons
>
> will look for the string "scons" even inside a word in the descriptive text, or
>
>     yum list "*scons*"
>
> will look for "scons" anywhere in a package name.  But indeed, there isn't
> an scons-devel package in FC5 or FC6.

Tony:  Thanks for checking.  Whatever was going on, when I went to the
directory that contained the SConstruct script, and typed $ scons, it
worked.  The openmovieeditor now has effects available to it, and we're
off and running.
I can run a command which combines a folder with images and sound file
into a movie, open it in openmovieeditor and add effects and subtitles,
and create video podcasts pretty easily.  It's not cinelerra, but it
sure is handy.
Tom