Memory Upgraded, and system boot up becomes very slow

shhgs shhgs.efhilt at gmail.com
Tue May 22 14:05:41 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I've just upgraded my system memory from 1GB to 2GB, and I found its
boot up becomes very very slow.

Usually the boot up will cost less than one minute, but now it will
take something like 15 minutes. I found the kernel loading seems quite
good,  but the problem lies in init loading. It will take minutes  to
load each service.  I suppose I've choose a wrong kernel, or there
shold be some special parameters to boot the kernel, but I don't know.

My mother board is Elite P4M800Pro, and my OS is RHEL 4. If anyone
knows how to tackle this problem, please let me know.

Thank you!

Jonathan