evolution-connector not working

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Wed May 23 18:01:37 UTC 2007

Bob Chiodini wrote:
> Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:
>> On Tue, 2007-05-22 at 14:49 -0500, Adam Hough wrote:
>>
>>> I doubt it will be fix in Fc6.  I too have had to fit thought exchange
>>> bugs for the past few months as well.  The exchange functionally has
>>> been corrected so for me in Fedora 7 Test 4.
>>>

>> I guess I''ll wait for Fedora 7 then.  I've done a minimal setup on this
>> new laptop in anticipation of upgrading to F7 anyway.
>>
>> I'm glad to hear it's working for you in test 4 - bodes well for final
>> release!
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Ranbir
>>

> Ranbir,
>
> Does your exchange server allow any other protocols, e.g. IMAP or POP?
> IMAP works well with thunderbird and presumably evolution, if it is
> enabled on the server.
> I gave up on evolution months ago due to exchange-connector problems.
>
> Bob...

I am using Evolution on FC6 to get my mail off of our Exchange server
with no IMAP or POP access.  So what ever the issue is, it isn't common
to all users.  Note, I have found Exchange to be it's own problems.
This morning (as many times in the past) I couldn't connect and I kept
getting a "password" error message.  Wait a few hours for IT to do their
thing and then all is well.

If it wasn't for Exchange Connector, I wouldn't touch Evolution either.

--
Due to the move to M$ Exchange Server,
    anything that is a priority, please phone.