New Dell Inspiron 9400: From Vista to Fedora/Vista.

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Thu May 24 03:19:12 UTC 2007

I was responding to two specific statements: First,  Nat Gross wrote:
> > woops. According to the table at
> > http://www.gnu.org/software/parted/features.shtml ,
> > gnu Parted cannot resize ntfs partition.

Then you, Mark, stated in part:

> >> Right, you must have resizentfs (or ntfsresize?).

To which I replied - that the gparted distro will quite nicely do NTFS
resizes, based on the fact that I'd just done it last week on two SuperMicro
servers using mirrored operating system drives. gparted, so far as I know is
based on parted so I'd guess that documentation cited by Nat is out-dated.

Perhaps gparted has incorporated resizentfs or ntfsresize into its code, or is
calling it, I don't know, but, the statements the two of you made above were
didactically inaccurate. I wasn't trying to be argumentative, just pointing
out that you were perhaps relying on old information.
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA