wpa_supplicant with ipw3945

John Dey jsdey at optonline.net
Fri May 25 00:47:37 UTC 2007

Kevin,

I can't believe it--It worked like a charm.  Out with wpa_supplicant
and in with NetworkManagerDispatcher and NetworkManager.  They had been
installed but were not running.  The new serverst asked me to enter a
key ring which, for now, I declined.  I really would like to know what
is going on.  I thought I was entering a key but it looks like the code
was interpreted as a passphrase.  The key seems to show from the
command 'iwconfig eth1'.  I will play around with it a little bit when
I have time but it is satisfying to make the connection.  Thanks you
very much for your assistance.

John