[Fedora] Re: bind lame servers

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri May 25 06:57:02 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-05-24 at 22:24 -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
> You should not allow recursive queries from outside of your network.

Or any queries, depending on your network.  If you don't need to provide
any outsider access to it, then don't.

> I do this by having an internal view with a "match-clients" set to my
> internal network, and then later a default view with
>   match-clients { any; };
>   recursion no;
> although I suspect this is not the simplest way to accomplish this
> because it necessitates duplicating all of the zone declarations that
> are visible in both views.

You'd, generally, use "views" for when you provide different answers to
different clients.  The solution could be a general allow query control.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.