network profiles - do they work for you? they are broken for me!

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Fri May 25 13:12:59 UTC 2007

On 5/24/07, Matthew Saltzman <mjs at clemson.edu> wrote:
> On Thu, 24 May 2007, Valent Turkovic wrote:
>
> > Can you please look at my youtube video and then respond if I use
> > system-config-network how it is not supposed to be used or if
> > system-config-network is broken?
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zoy9k5euZRQ
>
> Just out of curiosity, is there a reason you don't use NetworkManager?
> It's much more convenient than profiles.

I don't care what I use if it works, but I can't see how to make
"profiles" in network manager under Fedora 7. Under ubuntu it
JustWorks if I click on "manual configuration"
look at my other youtube clip - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0siB9xzEO8
but under fedora it just doesn't work like that!

You can also see (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd0HaQE1YcQ) that
fedora 7's NetworkManager doesn't have the same options.

So... are these bugs in NetworkManager and system-config-network?

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/
ICQ: 2125241