Having an Evolution and Mail notification Problem?

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Fri May 25 15:25:37 UTC 2007

Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-05-24 at 13:18 -0600, Robin Laing wrote:
>> es Mikesell wrote:

>> filters
>> not
>> members
>>> How's the speed if you use browser access to owa?
>> That depends on the load on the server.
>>
>> If I don't run filters, even evolution is fast.  I can copy (move
>> really
>> doesn't move) messages to my local mailbox, expunge the server inbox
>> in
>> ~2 minutes on 270 messages.
>>
> I would add to that to , if you don't run spam detection evolution is
> fast.
>
> However, I have this philosophy. Normally when I run evolution I also
> have some mail to send. While the mail is downloading I compose my new
> messages. By the time I am finished the old mail is usually downloaded.
> I like evolution and I like that it has built in junk filtering so
> waiting a few minutes is not a big deal. I run evolution when I first
> log on and you can perform other tasks while new mail is loading. From
> them on new mail is brought down every 5 minutes with out my noticing
> any lag time.
> --

Thunderbird junk filters are so much faster than Evolutions and seem to
work better IMHO.  Again, I believe that this is an issue with Outlook
Web Access which is the only way to get mail.

I have tried all the settings in Evolution to get it to check my mail
every 30 minutes.  No luck.  I think those features only work with imap
or pop access.

I wish I could compose my mail while Evolution is downloading mail but
it is so hard to know what I am responding to when I have not read the
mail yet.  :)

I guess I was spoiled by Thunderbird and I find that Thunderbird 2.0 is
so much faster than the older versions.

I will do what I can to stick with TB as it works for me.

--
Due to the move to M$ Exchange Server,
    anything that is a priority, please phone.