Plague running, Plague status, Plague development, Plague alternatives

Erik Wasser erik.wasser at iquer.net
Sat May 26 16:24:41 UTC 2007

Hello list,

I'm trying to use plague on my system because I want to build RPM for
different plattforms with mock and plague seems to be a cool add on for
mock.

The version 0.4.4 seems pretty too old to use to I switched to 0.5.0
from December last year. (All infos from the plague project homepage
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Projects/Plague)

The documentation for the page is for 0.4.4 and the configuration files
changed with the CVS version:

% /usr/bin/plague-builder -c /etc/plague/builder/plague-builder.cfg
[...python stack trace...]
plague.BaseConfig.ConfigError: Config
file /etc/plague/builder/plague-builder.cfg does not have option:
General/comm_type

I grepped the complete CVS source for the string 'comm_type' but it was
in vain. I don't find an example how to use this option so I'm stucked
here.

My question:

a) Is plague the right tool - besides of mock "pure" - for building RPMs
for different architectures? Are they (GUI) alternatives?

b) What about the development status for plague? December 2006 and, I
quote the homepage again: "Current head branch is 0.5.0 and has some
stability issues." seems a little bit slow. I'm just curious. B-)

c) Is someone on this list using plague? Which version? I'm interesting
in a set of working configurations file.

Greetings and thanks for your work

--
So long... Fuzz