Fwd: Cron <root at coyote> run-parts /etc/cron.daily

Tony Nelson tonynelson at georgeanelson.com
Sun May 27 16:10:05 UTC 2007

At 9:27 AM -0400 5/27/07, Gene Heskett wrote:
>Hi folks;
>
>I've been trying to make this work, un-sucessfully so far.  I've set a
>password yadda yadda, but while I've spent an hour or more reading the
>manpages, nowhere in them did I stumble across a step by step on how to
>create, and initialize, a database called 'bugs'.
>
>Am I going blind in my advanced years, or is this bit of seemingly vital info
>actually on the missing list?
>
>Or better yet, since this is probably the result of an update, what package
>can I have smart remove in order to stop this daily nagging by cron?
>
>I also have noted that since this nagging started about 10 days ago, that my
>logwatch report no longer contains a section listing kernel bugs.  Is this
>related?

This is the relevent part of the message.  It says it can't log in to the
mysql database.  It needs to log in to the mysql database.  It tried to use
a password but it did not work.  You should find out why.

>  Is your database installed and up and running?
>  Do you have the correct username and password selected in localconfig?

This is an excellent suggestion of what to check.  You didn't report the
result of trying to log in with the username and password the script is
using.  If there is a ~/.my.cnf file for the user the script runs as, is it
correct?