3ware 8006-2LP 2 port raid card with FC6 System

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sun May 27 17:07:43 UTC 2007

edwardspl at ita.org.mo wrote:

> 1, Does FC6 system build in 9550 series driver ?

Yes.  FC6 has both the drivers for the 8000 series as well as the 9000
series.  They are the 3w-xxxx.ko and the 3w-9xxx.ko modules.

> 2, If the raid level is 1, then how to create array with two of HDs ?
> Then, when one of HDs is fail, how to replaced ( config ) the new one (
> HD ) with the raid card ?

There are 3 ways to create the the RAID arrays....

1.  When booting the system you enter the correct (I forget want it is) key
sequence when the 3ware boot screen is up and do it from the BIOS.

2.  If you are booted in Linux already you can use the "tw_cli" supplied by
3ware.

3.  You can use the 3dm web interface supplied by 3ware.

When you have the array built and a drive fails you simply replace it and
using any of the above 3 methods rebuild the array.  I prefer to hotswap
enclosures for my disks so I don't need to power down or struggle to take
the covers off my cabinet.

Ed