F7 RC download - not torrent.

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Mon May 28 14:57:06 UTC 2007

Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Robin Laing <Robin.Laing <at> drdc-rddc.gc.ca> writes:
>> I would like to try the F7 RC candidate but I don't have access to
>> torrents through the firewall.  Are there mirrors that I can ftp it from?
>>
>> I searched the Fedora site but couldn't find any reference to ftp or
>> http download of Fedora 7.
>
> The full ISOs of the RC are not being mirrored over HTTP/FTP because mirroring
> is the very reason it's not being released right now, so it wouldn't make sense
> to try mirroring the RC.
>
> The i386 rescue image which can be used for network installs is available over
> HTTP though, see:
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2007-May/msg00801.html
>
>         Kevin Kofler

Well if mirrors don't have the full live DVD, then where can I get a
copy before the release?  Heck, why worry as the release is supposed to
be this week and I won't have time to really test it until then anyway.

Not all people that are interested in testing can access torrent files.
  It would be nice to have the option to ftp/http download at those
times.  This is also an issue as many ISP's are now greatly restricting
torrent access.

--
Due to the move to M$ Exchange Server,
    anything that is a priority, please phone.