I love IP Tables....

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue May 29 04:04:36 UTC 2007

jdow wrote:

> Who is going to file the first lawsuit against an owner of a zombied system
> for sending spam? It should be interesting legal theater.

You might get somewhere in a civil suit if you could prove that you were
somehow damaged by this spam and for some reason you were unable to
defend yourself against it while expecting the sender to be able to.

I wouldn't count on a jury to understand the concept, or to agree that
all owners of computers should be expected to know more than the vendor
or OS distributer about computer science and pick appropriate add-ons -
or that anyone should be required to reinstall their OS at the frequency
needed to get the fedora updates necessary to maintain security.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com