f7rc2: some package is missing + howto update

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue May 29 12:47:33 UTC 2007

Tim:
>> Needing a DHCP server isn't something everyone needs, and a rogue one
>> running on a network is a serious problem.  Servers like that should
>> be installed when needed.

Dario Lesca:

> Yes, I have needed to install DHCP server + dynamic DNS into a network
> without a DHCP server.
> No problem, ... yum install dhcp ... but I have not found it into setup
> package list ...

yum search dhcp

dhclient - package to be a DHCP client
dhcp - A DHCP server and relay agent
dhcpv6 - DHCP server and client for IPv6

I seem to recall finding the DHCP server wasn't too hard while
installing FC6.  I didn't bother, though, as something else was the
server on my LAN, this FC6 box is a DHCP client.  I'd find it hard to
believe that Fedora 7 didn't have similar packages.  You're asking on
the wrong list, though.  7 hasn't been released, and this isn't a
developers/testers list.

But none of what you mentioned would be "default" packages to install,
which seemed to be what you were asking.  You'd install them if you
wanted, and yum'd drag in other bits as needed.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.