Grub.conf?

Rick Stevens rstevens at internap.com
Tue May 29 22:39:36 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-05-29 at 14:37 -0700, Norm wrote:
> Decided to set up a FC6/Ubuntu dual boot. box.  The Ubuntu part did not
> load properly can't get into it enough to edit the sudo or add remove
> any users, no problem just ignore it.  The catch is the Ubuntu parts are
> the default boot. when I go to the fedora grub.conf or menu.lst files
> there is no mention Ubuntu so editing the file will not do any good.
> What file needs to be edited to boot from the FC 6 grub.conf file.  As I
> plan to do a fresh install of Fedora 7 in a few days it probably does
> not matter in the long run but I would like to know which file should be
> edired to get back to the original FC6 boot configuration.

Ubuntu uses the /boot/grub/menu.lst file as the grub config.  On Fedora
boxes, usually menu.lst is a symlink to grub.conf, but installing
Ubuntu on top of Fedora may change that.  I dunno, I've never done it.

- Rick Stevens, Principal Engineer             rstevens at internap.com -
-            The gene pool could use a little chlorine.              -