Evolution and port problems

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Tue May 29 23:35:45 UTC 2007

On Tue, 29 May 2007 16:28:33 -0700
Les <hlhowell at pacbell.net> wrote:

>     My ISP (AT&T) wants me to change the ports for smtp and pop3.  I
> remember setting them somewhere, but not where I did it.  Now I need to
> change them and can't find it.  Google returned some links that said
> something about tools/settings, but I cannot find that directory.  Thus
> I am in a bad place right now.  Anyone got a link or help?

If you're just using Evolution to pick up and send your mail directly to/from
your ISP, then you can set it with one of the menu items on the Evolution
toolbar.

Probably tools/settings, as you say above.

(Your X-Mailer line says Evolution 2.8.3 (2.8.3-2.fc6) so I'm guessing that's
what you're doing.)