I love IP Tables....

jdow jdow at earthlink.net
Wed May 30 00:51:56 UTC 2007

From: "Les Mikesell" <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

> Are there any Chinese users here that can comment on this:
> http://isc.sans.org/diary.html?storyid=2814&rss
> as an example of how third party products work? (It's a report that
> Symantic AV recently deleted system files on Simplified Chinese XP SP2
> and prevented them from booting).

A problem there is that Symmantec has incredible name recognition for
"Norton" yet develops products that are more damaging to the computer,
as often as not, than the software it was designed to protect against.

Among the Windows device developer's community Symmantec is more
synonymous with virus than anti-virus, I hear.

{O.O}   Have had NONE of these problems with alternate suppliers. I
        use the Finnish solution at the moment, although the German
        solution is doing VERY well of late, I hear. (Avoiding names.)