Fedora Core 6 HUGE problem (NVidia and blank screen during install.

sizo nsibande ooziss at gmail.com
Wed May 30 07:51:10 UTC 2007

> > Probably the card is too recent to have successful Open Source support
> > for the driver. NVidia does not release specifications and/or source
> > code to allow decent support for their products.

I don't think that this is the issue as I have a Nvidia 6600GT and FC6
supports it just fine.

It could be that your machines power management is interfering with
the install process 'somehow', what usually works best "as I too with
my card have had such a problem" is when your distroe boots up and
lists a number of options before you hit enter to install, try first
to install the system on text mode = linux text, if this still has
issues try: linux noapic acpi=off or just linux noapic. This has
usually worked just fine with me on more than just one series of
Nvidia cards.

On 30/05/07, V at ly <valy.tgv at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Probably the card is too recent to have successful Open Source support
> > for the driver. NVidia does not release specifications and/or source
> > code to allow decent support for their products.
> >
> > You probably could install the system using the vesa driver (Generic
> > support for video) using
> > linux xdriver=vesa
> > until you get your system installed. After the initial installation, you
> > might grab the NVidia binaries packaged up by one of the repos that has
> > the driver. You should also be able to get this from NVidia.
> >
> > There is much to find related getting a NVidia video system up and
> > running in Linux. The most successful seem to be with using the closed
> > source binaries.
>

> i'm gonna try that and see if it works. i'm currently running Fedora Core 4.
> with this one i had no problem with the graphical installer. if you know
> could you tell me what has changed so much in the graphical installer for
> the 6th version of Fedora? maybe that's the problem.... anyway i'm looking
> forward to the next distribution release.
>

> --
> --

Communication is not just english grammaer and literature, but a well
established database between people that have come to know each other!