Fedora Core 6 HUGE problem - Binary drivers.

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed May 30 15:02:00 UTC 2007

On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 22:58:36 -0500,
  Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:

> Did you have firewire drives mid FC5?  A good 6 months of downtime might
> have changed your mind.  The Evolution exchange connector was broken for
> about the same interval after a brief glimpse of a working version.  Not
> sure what you've been using....  Some stuff works most of the time.

Also recent (post 2288) kernels for FC5 have had a problem where processes
start hanging after a while. On a machine where this was happening about
everyday I stayed with 2288 to avoid problems. On another machine where
it happened about every 7 days I stuck with the latest kernels to try to
help locate the problem so that it could be fixed. That machine is now on F7
and I'll get to see if the regression is also in F7 kernels.