Two Battery Issue

Peter Teuben teuben at astro.umd.edu
Thu May 31 13:07:53 UTC 2007

I presume you did reboot the machine while swapping out the drive with the
battery. I have a T40 and they are similar ik that respect, and I also tried
it once in the hope it would just pickup...    Kind of made sense after my
experiment failed. Suppose you start with the battery, and swapin the DVD.
No way would that (at least on a TP) detect like USB or Firewire. That's
an IDE and they're not hotswap.

If you are rebooting,that's very odd. It should be controlled with the BIOS,
which sounds like a BIOS issue to me.  That part works fine for my T40.

- peter