F7 Mirrors Open?

Tony Nelson tonynelson at georgeanelson.com
Thu May 31 20:58:51 UTC 2007

At 3:38 PM -0400 5/31/07, Gene Heskett wrote:
>On Thursday 31 May 2007, David Timms wrote:
>>Thom Paine wrote:
>>> Any mirrors hosting F7 open yet? Does anyone know if they will open at
>>> midnight tonight?
>>
>>And so, the torrent for F7 is now visible.
>>
>>DaveT.
>
>Unforch Dave, it appears that vz has found the azureas ports and blocked them
>as it all came to a screeching halt about half an hour ago, after about 900
>megs was onsite.  What ports can we shuffle this to, or do we sue the
>bastards?
>
>I setup some more port forwards in dd-wrt, and told azureas about them, and
>there is now a small amount of data getting through.  I repeat, bastards, and
>if you call and yell at them, they will of course deny it because the minute
>they admit it they no longer enjoy that Common Carrier status with the FCC.

I use Verizon DSL.  I use the standard BitTorrent ports and have them open
in my firewall.  I got a full-speed download, after restarting it once -- I
had a partial RC2 download that I repurposed, which may have led me to get
less than useful peers the first time.  It's currently sharing at the
max_upload_rate I set.