FC7 install on IBM 8-way w/ 16GB RAM

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Thu Nov 1 12:14:16 UTC 2007

Rob Fegley wrote:
> Question #1 ----------- So, I read in the FC7 relnotes that I may
> need to run a PAE-capable kernel and am wondering if that will be an
> install option or will I need to do an rpmfind or yum install or have
> to compile it from a tarball?
'ow 'bout a yum list kernel*

> Question #2 ----------- I am wanting to use an IBM ServerRAID 4M that
> I picked up on eBay to run a hardware RAID1, but only find that it's
> "supported" under RHEL3/4
Very similar to     FC1,2/3  and forward releases might have the driver.
Supported often means works, and we'll actively fix it were it doesn't;
with fedora you don't get support {other than sites /lists like this}.

> Question #3 ----------- Will running the PAE kernel from Q1 limit me
> in any way from running Xen?  It's probably likely that I may run
> into a licensing issue in having either VM scheme supporting this
> much RAM or this many CPUs.
NFI, but don't see why it would automatically be a problem.

Love to hear how it goes.

DaveT.