Can't install VMWare Server on F7

Michael Semcheski mhsemcheski at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 20:21:10 UTC 2007

Hi Joe,

I had the exact same problem.  VMWare Server compiled on the 2.6.22
kernel, but not the 2.6.23.

I bailed and worked around.  You could try looking for the 'any-any'
patch for VMWare.  My understanding is that allows the vmware module
to be compiled against any kernel.  Its not a patch that VMWare
supports, though you can find the link to it in their forums.

Mike