Network install FC7

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Fri Nov 2 04:37:45 UTC 2007

bruce wrote:
> john...
>
> are you saying that if you do an iso mount of the drive, copy the items to
> an nfs share, that you can't then do an nfs/http install....
>
> are you saying that http doesn't work in this case?

No, just that the *install* doesn't work. I copied the DVD to a
directory available via http *or* nfs, and I was able to pull the stage2
file with either protocol and verify the md5sum to prove the download
worked. But the install ISO, either version, failed to work, even though
the download appears to have been correct.

Works like a charm to get the data to a machine, but the HTTP access
shows that it tried first to go to /disk1/images/stage2.img, then just
images/stage2.img. However the download does work, install just down't
use it right.

Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>