DVD and CD not automounting in F7

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Fri Nov 2 11:51:52 UTC 2007

Andrea Mastellone wrote:
> Hi,
>
> it is about four months that my fedora box does not automount dvd and
> cd's. It is a F7, with regular updates.
>
> The USB sticks and disks correctly automounts. Running lshal -m, I see
> that USB devices are detected and mounted, but CD and DVD are not
> reported when inserted in the drive (a simple IDE internal DVD/CD writer
>  in a notebook).
>
> By googling, there is a number of cases relative both to hald and
> autofs, and so on, but no one gave me an hint :(
>
> Some similar case and suggestion ? Thanks in advance.

Probably you changed the "preferences" in your window manager to turn
off automount. Or some update did it for you. This is one of the first
things I do, since having the system, WM or hal, checking for new media
can create problems with burning.

There was a discussion of this on another list, the mode of the burner
can get changed, streaming can be interrupted, etc.

If you want to enable that behavior, start in Preferences, I don't
remember if it's Hardware or Look&Feel, but it's there, something like
"mounting of media or such."

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>