samba & selinux

ethericalzen at gmail.com ethericalzen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 17:04:22 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2 Nov 2007 09:40:22 -0400
"McGuffey, David C." <DAVID.C.MCGUFFEY at saic.com> took out a #2
pencil and scribbled:

> I don't want to remove or back away from selinux in enforcing
> mode.  I have customers who want to build applications on top of
> selinux, so the task at hand is to get smart and make things work
> with selinux.
>
> Dave McGuffey
> Principal Information System Security Engineer // NSA-IEM, NSA-IAM
> SAIC, IISBU, Columbia, MD

Isn't it possible (I don't know that this would work for you) to
turn off that particular policy? I run selinux in enforcing mode
and haven't fallen into this particular problem as my setup is
obviously different. Would it be poor advice to try and disable the
selinux policy for this particular instance? Or is the situation of
a sort that it wouldn't matter and selinux would freak out anyway?

Sincerely
ethericalzen at gmail.com
Life is a prison, death is a release