How To Use The DN to log onto the LDAP server with PHPLDAPAD

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 12:32:23 UTC 2007

On 03/11/2007, Jyotishmaan Ray <jyotishmaan at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have a small problem with phpldapadmin.

Can't comment on that.

> One more question, here i have to run the slapd deemon manually in the directory, /usr/bin/slapd -d 65 &
>
> I wish to run it directly using the command :-
>
> service slapd restart

With Fedora it is "service ldap restart", since the service script is
/etc/init.d/ldap

> Now, should i include this service name directly in the file /etc/services file?

That file doesn't do what you think it does. It doesn't configure
services. It is just a mapping of service/protocol names to port
numbers, to be queried by programs or yourself with getent. See "man
services".