Configuring NVidia 8600GT for a proper 1920x1080 over HDMI

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Sat Nov 3 19:05:44 UTC 2007

Andrew Junev wrote:
> Saturday, November 3, 2007, 9:35:54 PM, you wrote:
>
>> Dumb question - were you trying to run it from the command line,
>> instead of from X?
>
> If you mean xvidtune, I tried to start it from an xterm window.
> Is there some other way of doing this? Sorry for a (probably) dumb
> question back to you... :)

That is the way you normally start it. Ok - you can try running
system-config-display. It does not offer all the fine tunning
options of xvidtune, but you can try ether editing your monitor
specs, or specifying a lower max res and see if that helps.

Or you can wait for someone that has more experience with HDMI to
connect to a TV.

Mikkel