[OT] Digital camara

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Mon Nov 5 22:46:35 UTC 2007

Tim wrote:

> 'tis only a compact, and generally fully automatic, but has manual
> overrides for most things.  If it weren't for the costs of film
> processing, and the delays, I'd much prefer to keep on using my 35 mm
> SLR, but this one is quite nice for a digital compact.  The biggest
> bugbear, for me, is the delays in turning on, and after you press the
> shutter.  I cannot take candid shots with it, nor any other type of spur
> of the moment shot.

I was walking the streets of Melbourne, crossing one and someone hurtled
past illegally on a motorcycle. Up with the Canon, one click and he was
captured. If I'd had "sports" activated, there'd have been three or more
frames of the cycle.

The problem with an SLR is its size: as someone said here (Perth, not
the list) recently, if you have one of those slung around your neck, you
might as well don the Hawaiian shirt and Bermuda hat too.

the Pentax I have (did I mention it?) is slow.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait