SCSI controllers supported by Core1?

Craig White craig at tobyhouse.com
Tue Nov 6 19:07:59 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-11-06 at 11:02 -0800, Mark wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have 2 SCSI disks with a Ultra2 SCSI interface (this one here:
> http://www.fujitsu.com/downloads/COMP/fcpa/hdd/discontinued/mag3182-3091_datasheet.pdf) and I am trying to find a controller that is
> old enough to be supported by Fedora Core 1 out of the box.
>
> What is the easiest way to find such a controller? Meaning how/where do I find out which SCSI controllers were supported by Fedora
> Core1 out of the box?
>
> I did a quick google search but did not come up with anything promising...
----
supported out of the box is relative since Fedora Core 1 is for all
purposes dead and has been for quite some time.

RHEL-3 or equivalents... CentOS-3, Scientific-Linux-3 would give you
virtually the same gcc/packages as Fedora Core 1, with better SCSI
hardware support, better defined devices and at least still security
updates.

Craig