what happened to my drawing

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Nov 6 22:10:10 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 06 November 2007, Craig White wrote:
>On Tue, 2007-11-06 at 12:32 -0800, Les wrote:

>> > ----
>> > yum install openoffice.org-draw
>> >
>> > skip the morning caffeine?
>>
>> Will yum install something different than the updated RPM's?  I did the
>> install from the applications - add/remove software already.
>
>----
>The yum install openoffice.org-draw was to satisfy Gene's diversion,
>which he trumped with the notion that he installed the OOo rpm's,
>discussion of which makes his commentary 100% irrelevant but what the
>hey.

What I was saying is that it is also missing from the OOo-2.3.0 release from
OpenOffice.org.  If they are no longer maintaining it, then it stands to
reason that the fedora rpms might not have it if and when they get to the
2.3.0 stage.

>I haven't used openoffice.org-draw very much but haven't had the
>experience you found but I got the impression that the suggestions made
>by Joe Smith are more to your solving your issue. Lately I've been using
>inkscape.

There was, IIRC fairly recently, and article I read someplace because Inkscape
had been taken back private, no longer gpl'd.  Lambasted them I believe was
the terminology used.  I had it installed for a while and what it did, it did
very well, but in my case, printer formatting was at best, broken.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)