what happened to my drawing

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Nov 7 00:29:37 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 06 November 2007, Joe Smith wrote:
>Les wrote:
>> ...  Took three applications, Gimp, draw, and snapshot to get what I
>> wanted.  And then the modifications don't quite match the original, but
>> at least it is technically correct which is the most important thing for
>> logical diagrams.
>>
>> I think I need to find an easier way.
>
>If you want nice web graphics, Inkscape is the right way to go: it's
>superior in quality, capability and usability over Draw.
>
>The only areas where Draw has something of an edge is a) it's a bit
>easier to get started with and b) it plays well with the other OOo apps.
>
>I find Draw adequate for simple technical illustrations; Inkscape is a
>lot more artistically powerful.
>
>If you want to post a link to what you're working on, we might be able
>to make some specific suggestions.
>
><Joe

As a subscript to all this, it turns out that draw is in the 2.3.0 version,
but an entry in the kmenu wasn't made.  That you can fix, and I also found a
sort of a CAD extension for it while I was moseying around on their site.

But these 'extensions' only work with the later versions according to the web
page on them at OOo.org.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)