Fedora 8

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Nov 8 10:16:55 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-11-08 at 09:29 +0000, John Austin wrote:
> I find it much cleaner to sort out the partitions, format and label
> them before starting the install proper.
> Then a custom install with no formatting is fine.

I do the same.  However, we wouldn't have to if the install routine
wasn't quite so dumbed down.

> The chain loader approach is quite neat when playing with different
> installs.

I've done that, too.  But I really hate dual-boot systems, it's always a
compromise.  I've only done it on three systems, that that I had already
paid for the other OS that came with it, and another that I wanted to do
some experimentation with (which usually gets abandoned after a week, or
so - I'm more interested in making use of the computer, not playing with
it).

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.