upgrading from F7 to F8

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Thu Nov 8 13:07:36 UTC 2007

Kam Leo wrote:

>>       Does anyone know if it will be possible to upgrade from F7 to F8,
>> rather than do a whole new install?

> Short answer is yes. If you installed a large number of packages an
> upgrade may actually take longer than a new install. Do a Google
> search for "upgrading Fedora Core 6 to Fedora 7" and see for yourself
> if it is worth the trouble.

Upgrading has always worked perfectly well for me,
and so has clean installation.

I don't understand why it matters how long it takes.
You don't have to sit there staring at the computer.
Watch a movie. Read a book.

As far as I am concerned, upgrading uses far fewer brain cells,
as I don't have to try to remember how to install
all the services I am running.
(I really don't want to look at openldap config files again, ever.
And heaven preserve me from sendmail.mc.)