Is there a f8 Live CD that can be used for installatiion?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Nov 8 21:32:11 UTC 2007

Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-11-08 at 10:55 -0500, Kip Thomas wrote:
>> 7.3. Text Mode Installationdrive,
>>
>> You can do a text mode installation of the Live images using the
>> liveinst command in the console.
> Clearly I am being misunderstood. I am interested in installing f8 on a
> machine without a DVD drive. I know there are NFS installs I would
> rather avoid that.

I don't see where you are misunderstood. You asked whether the Live
CD/DVD's are installable and the answer yes and has been from the Fedora
7 release onwards. All the different variants and spins of Fedora have
this capability.

You can either click on the desktop icon after booting into it or run
liveinst for a text based installer in runlevel 3.

GNOME desktop showing the live cd installer icon

http://www.linux-noob.com/forums/uploads/monthly_11_2007/post-1-1194553877.png

KDE Desktop showing the same thing

http://www.thecodingstudio.com/opensource/linux/screenshots/index.php?linux_distribution_sm=Fedora%208%20RC3

Rahul