Sandisk Sansa c250

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at 1407.org
Thu Nov 8 23:21:47 UTC 2007

On Fri, Oct 12, 2007 at 06:02:45AM -0500, Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 11:09:57 +0100
> Rui Miguel Silva Seabra <rms at 1407.org> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Oct 12, 2007 at 04:57:32AM -0500, Steven P. Ulrick wrote:

> > > Hello
> > > This looks like what I needed, so I followed the following
> > > instructions:
> > > http://download.rockbox.org/manual/rockbox-sansac200/rockbox-buildch2.html#x4-60002
> > >
> > > As root, installation went perfectly.
> >
> > Cool! I envy you, I'm thinking to buy one of those too.
> >
> > > the Rockbox documentation.Unfortunately, the screen then went
> > > black.  I tried powering on the player again, and it appears to be
> > > deader than a doornail.  This seems like such a shame, because I
> > > believe that Rockbox SHOULD work as described, and that I just had
> > > a unique (bad) experience.  I hope I can at least get it powered up
> > > again and get Rockbox off the player, so I can return it to Staples
> > > and get my money back.  Of course, I'd prefer to get Rockbox
> > > working on this player...
> >
> > That's sad, but do try to get in touch with the RockBox guys, I'm
> > sure they'll be of more help than I can give you :)
> >
> > Rui
>
> Hello again :)
> I have achieved a level of joy with this issue.  My player is no longer
> toast :)  I followed these instructions:
>  Recovery mode of the Sansa e200
>
> Recovery mode can be used to replace a bad .mi4 image on the player.
>
> Accessing the recovery mode
>
>     * Power off
>     * Turn ON lock/hold
>     * Hold down record
>     * Insert USB cable
>
> You will find a 16MB USB drive now, this is the recovery partition.
>
> I was then able to mount the player and remove the .rockbox directory.
> I am going to play with this a LITTLE bit more.  Even though I'm pretty
> sure I didn't, I COULD have made a dumb mistake before...  I will
> report back with my findings.

Picking this thread back, I've just bought an European model Sansa e260
(4GB) as a gift for my gf. It's now rockboxed, and it worked fine at
first try.

Still is a bit quirky for a non geek, but the games surely did overcome
:)

Rui

--
Hail Eris, Hack GNU/Linux!
Today is Boomtime, the 20th day of The Aftermath in the YOLD 3173
+ So let's do it...?